Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
scott

Default Please help

I would like to be able to return how many times a customer has had a problem
with our service per month.

My dates are entered as =date(2006,5,31) in column B.

I want to count how many times the text from a drop down list = "CUSTOMER"
in column S.

Could I use a COUNTIF to return the number of times "CUSTOMER" appeared in
column S during the month of MAY?

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(S1:S100="CUSTOMER"),--(MONTH(B1:B100)=5))

Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't work with complete columns, you have to specify
a range.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips