Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nelson

Default How do I calculate the number of business days?

I have Microsoft Excel 2000 on my work computer and I am trying to calculate
the number of business days in a specified period. I don't want to count
weekends or federal holidays. I found the following formula but it does not
work so I am assuming that it is for a later version.

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2)

A2 is the beginning date (i.e., 04/01/2006) and B2 is the ending date (i.e.,
10/01/2006).

Is there a way to do such a calculation?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveG

Nelson,

If the formula returns the #NAME? error then you need to install the
analysis toolpak for the NETWORKDAYS function to work. Go to
ToolsAddins and check the Analysis ToolPak option. Click ok.

You also need to identify the federal holidays in your formula. Type
in the holidays in a range say D1:D5 and then your formula should look
like:

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2,$D$1:$D$5)

HTH

Steve