Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Shepherd

Default Opening Workbook resets calculation to automatic from manual etc

When I open an Excel workbook the option calculation 'manual' (my standard
setting) resets to 'automatic'. Subsequently the processing in the workbook
slows down progressively until it becomes hopelessly slow. In particular line
inserts/deletions are notably slow. I have uninstalled Excel (Excel 2003) and
reinstalled it and updated at the office update website; this makes no
difference to the problem.
Any ideas?
In despair.
Bill Shepherd