Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jcoleman52

Default Excel Solver Constraints

Hello:

I am using Excel solver function for curve-fitting, and would like to
set a constraint for a value to be greater than 0. However, it appears
that solver will only allow greater-than-or-equal-to in a constraint.
Unfortunately, if the value equals zero, the equation bombs out. Does
anyone know of any way to set a constraint to simply greater than (or
less than for that matter)? Thanks.

--
jcoleman52
jcoleman52's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29498

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MrShorty

As far as Excel is concerned, the statement "x0" is the same as
"x=2.2E-308" (the smallest positive number Excel can recognize).

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jcoleman52

Thanks, MrShorty. I think I can work with that.