Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RK

Default Preventing error!!!

My problem has more to do with discipline. I try to be careful but
somehow let myself down. I would appreciate any tips given which can
help.

I have a worksheet that includes product and quantities in the row. It
works well does what I want it to do but no matter how much care I
think I am taking, everynow and then I find that the 'quantity' column
only has moved up or down. So where I was reporting 23 instances of
something the column says I have another amount, and the other columns
are cocked up. I hope I explained this well enough.

I have to alphabetise the lists every now and then and I think I am
checking and double checking but obviously at that point something
goes wrong.

I am constantly being surprised how this excellent program helps you
cope with things going wrong. Has anyone any ideas or wrinkles which
may help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
grandadjohn

I am in error. Excel seemed to have an answer for most problems. I
keep on making this errorand always notice it just too late.

I was looking for a short cut. I am now into saving very often and
saving a 'master copy' every week as a fail safe.

On Tue, 30 May 2006 03:14:01 -0700, paul
wrote:

Is there any other data on the sheet that you cant move?I think what you are
doing is not including all the rows or columns when you sort.If there is
nothing else on the shhet clickon the little square betwwen the a and the 1
and you will select the whole sheet before you sort....