Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dford

Default Link cells in Access to Excel using VLOOKUP

I would like to link data in Access to cells in Excel using VLOOKUP. How
would this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

You can't point a VLOOKUP to Access. You'd have to write code or
use a query table to bring the data into Excel and uses that
range in VLOOKUP.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dford" wrote in message
I would like to link data in Access to cells in Excel using
VLOOKUP. How
would this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dford

The data I have in Access has about 130,000 lines of. Excel will only handle
65,000 lines. Is there any other way to do this?

"dford" wrote in message
I would like to link data in Access to cells in Excel using
VLOOKUP. How
would this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RichardSchollar

How many records (in Excel) do you want to perform this Vlookup-alike
on? If it isn't very many then as Chip suggested a custom function
could be written to achieve this. The problem that I have faced in the
past when I have done this is that it is very slow - this restricts its
usefulness to only a few records (of course, I may have just been
writing the code inefficiently). Can you give an example of the kind
of data the Access table holds, and what Excel is holding (and what you
are doing with the data in Excel)?

Richard

--
RichardSchollar