Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bamboozled

Default Printing

Is it possible to type one thing into a cell and have Excel print something
else when the form is printed?
For example I have a time sheet, that calculates hours worked, takes off
breaks (thanks for the help on that one) etc, for this reason I need to type
in the actual hours, I would prefer it though if Excel could substitute
anything after 22:00 for the word 'close' without disrupting any of the
formulas used.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

You could insert an extra column which takes values from the column you
have at present (but if cell_value 22:00 then "close") and hide the
original column when you print the sheet.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Assume your values are in column F, then insert a new column G and
enter this formula in G2:

=IF(F222:00:00,"Close",F2)

Then copy this down. Put the same heading in G1 as you have in F1, then
you can hide column F - the rest of the worksheet will still access the
values in column F and so will be unaffected, but your time column will
now contain the word "Close" for any times after 10pm.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Ok, here's an amendment which does work:

=IF(F2VALUE("22:00:00"),"Close",F2)

Format the cell as time with 13:30:55.

Hope this helps now.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bamboozled

Thank you for your help, how would I return a value of "off" in the same cell
if the cells it was taking the values from were blank. This would need to be
incorporated into the formula you have given me.

Thank you

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Ok, here's an amendment which does work:

=IF(F2VALUE("22:00:00"),"Close",F2)

Format the cell as time with 13:30:55.

Hope this helps now.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Here's a further amendment which should accomplish that:

=IF(ISBLANK(F2),"Off",IF(F2VALUE("22:00:00"),"Clo se",F2))

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Thanks for feeding back - glad to be of assistance.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm alsoworking on a speadsheet to do billing for a small business. I'm
looking for a simple way to print only the bills that have activity. I would
like to print only pages of the workbook that have data in them. Is the a
print function that works like an if statement that sets print range
automatically ???

"bamboozled" wrote:

Is it possible to type one thing into a cell and have Excel print something
else when the form is printed?
For example I have a time sheet, that calculates hours worked, takes off
breaks (thanks for the help on that one) etc, for this reason I need to type
in the actual hours, I would prefer it though if Excel could substitute
anything after 22:00 for the word 'close' without disrupting any of the
formulas used.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you use Autofilter to display just the ranges that have data?

You could print the results of that filter.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP