Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ksmith2051

Default #### in cell instead of date

I changed the column widths in a page and now when I try to enter a date
it brings up #### in the cell. How do I get rid of this? I tried the
format to date and a couple of different date configurations to no
avail. HELP! I have tons of data to enter.

ksmith2051

--
ksmith2051
ksmith2051's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34895

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Patrick

Just means the column width is to small.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"ksmith2051" wrote:

| I changed the column widths in a page and now when I try to enter a date
| it brings up #### in the cell. How do I get rid of this? I tried the
| format to date and a couple of different date configurations to no
| avail. HELP! I have tons of data to enter.
|
| ksmith2051
|

| --
| ksmith2051
| ksmith2051's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546353

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KellTainer

This problem occurs because the column width you have designated for the
column is too small. you could extend the column width for the column to
show the true values or do a best-fit adjustment by double clicking the
right hand side border of the column header for the column which
contains the date values.

If you are adjusting this document's column width so that it prints out
on a single A4 sheet, what you could do is to use a small font for the
data content or simply set the page setup to landscape format.

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc