Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jbcrtilla

Default look up more than one cell eg grid

My column headings all show a students results (from 1 to 100) except for
column A which shows a students age, just written as a year and month, and by
cross referencing down and across I can see the grade, which I would then
like to input in a cell against the students name on worksheet 2:
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc
5/ 1 E E E E E D D D D
5/2 E E E E E E E D
5/3 E E E E E E E E
etc
If anyone can tell me how to do this, once I have set up the grid I would be
so grateful.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi,

Here's one way...

If the range of grades is Sheet1!B2:CX37 (I don't know how many ages
you have going down column A) if the student's age is in Sheet2!A1 and
his/her score in Sheet2!B1 then you could type the following formula
into the cell on Sheet2 where you would like to have that student's
grade...

=INDEX(Sheet1!$B$2:$CX$37,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$ 37,FALSE),MATCH(B1,Sheet1!$B$1:$CX$1,FALSE))

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

You're welcome.