Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saint

Default Protect excel sheet and still copy text or object w/o unprotectin.

I need to be able to protect an excel sheet and still be able to copy the
text or an imbed object without unprotecting the sheet so that the original
text and the imbeds are never disturbed, but the text or imbeds can be copied
to other locations on the sheet and placed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KellTainer

Hi

I do not see how you can copy an object without first unprotecting the
sheet. the trick to do this is then to do it programmatically, assuming
your data is in A1, by unprotecting then protecting it after you are
done.

Sub Copy()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Selection.Copy
Range("B1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True

KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546281

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try using another method beside selecting and copying. For example look
at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm you could probably do
something like this:

Dim MyDataObj As New DataObject
MyDataObj.SetText Format(Range("B1").Value)
MyDataObj.PutInClipboard