Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bamboozled

Default calculating breaks

What formula would I use to calculate breaks automaticaly, for example on an
eight hour shift a one hour break should be deducted, in a six to eight hour
shift half an hour should be deducted. Anything less than six hours and no
break is deducted. I have set up a spread sheet to work out the hours worked
but I need to take break off this, I would rather the spreadsheet calculate
this for me, than me have to input the breaks manually.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

Since you say that you've already calculated hours worked (decimal number),
then with that number in A1, try this:

=(A1<6)*A1+(AND(A1=6,A1<8)*(A1-0.5))+(A1=8)*(A1-1)
And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD