Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kim springfield

Default Page 1 in background

Hi

i am trying to have "Page 1" in the bacground of a worksheet. I have
seen ones that have it but cannot figure out how to do it. It looks
gray in color and remains there when u view in it excel

Can anyone hlep me

--
kim springfield
kim springfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34873

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Choose View/Page Break Preview.

In article
<kim.springfield.28hi1z_1148763601.4369@excelfor um-nospam.com,
kim springfield
<kim.springfield.28hi1z_1148763601.4369@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote:

Hi

i am trying to have "Page 1" in the bacground of a worksheet. I have
seen ones that have it but cannot figure out how to do it. It looks
gray in color and remains there when u view in it excel

Can anyone hlep me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David

kim springfield wrote

Hi

i am trying to have "Page 1" in the bacground of a worksheet. I have
seen ones that have it but cannot figure out how to do it. It looks
gray in color and remains there when u view in it excel

Can anyone hlep me

Are you perhaps referring to View|Page Break Preview?

--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kim springfield

noo

it is like a Big " Page 1" that is cnetered in the worksheet

like

P-a-g-e- - -1- -(- -i-t-s-
-b-i-g- -a-n-d- -g-r-e-y-)-

kim springfield
kim springfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34873
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546204

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Hmmm....

That's exactly what Page Break Preview mode looks like to me. The Page
number (e.g., "Page 1") is centered vertically and horizontally, and
it's big (maybe 36 pt?) and grey.

What's different about what you're thinking of?

In article
<kim.springfield.28hqum_1148775000.8764@excelfor um-nospam.com,
kim springfield
<kim.springfield.28hqum_1148775000.8764@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote:

noo

it is like a Big " Page 1" that is cnetered in the worksheet

like

P-a-g-e- - -1- -(- -i-t-s-
-b-i-g- -a-n-d- -g-r-e-y-)-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bgeier

It sounds like a description of Words, watermark (I think that is what
they call it)

Do you want it on the printout?

According to Excel's help, Excel does not support this, directly.
They describe how to do it using a graphic image (picture). You can
make one that says "Page 1" using paint, then using that graphic.

I found this in Excel 2003 Professional's help file. search for
"Watermarks"

--
bgeier
bgeier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12822

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Bgeier,

Vis-a-vis watermarks, see also xlDynamic's suggestions:

---
Regards,
Norman

"bgeier" wrote in