Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
duubgina

Default Dealing with minus numbers in formulas

I'm adding the values from 3 cells using the formula =SUM(C61,C63,C64) .
The value in cell C63 is calculated by a formula =SUM(C62*0.4) which can
sometimes produce a minus figure. When the figure in C63 is a minus
number, I want it to show a 0, so that the minus number is not factored
in to the sum of cells C61,C63,C64. Hope that makes sense! Any
suggestions gratefully received!

--
duubgina
duubgina's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainQuattro

In progress

I'm adding the values from 3 cells using the formula =SUM(C61,C63,C64)
. The value in cell C63 is calculated by a formula =SUM(C62*0.4) which
can sometimes produce a minus figure. When the figure in C63 is a minus
number, I want it to show a 0, so that the minus number is not factored
in to the sum of cells C61,C63,C64. Hope that makes sense! Any
suggestions gratefully received!

Replace
=SUM(C61,C63,C64)
with
=SUM(C61,C63*(C630),C64)

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Try:

=IF(C63<0,C61+C64,C61+C63+C64)

"duubgina" wrote:

I'm adding the values from 3 cells using the formula =SUM(C61,C63,C64) .
The value in cell C63 is calculated by a formula =SUM(C62*0.4) which can
sometimes produce a minus figure. When the figure in C63 is a minus
number, I want it to show a 0, so that the minus number is not factored
in to the sum of cells C61,C63,C64. Hope that makes sense! Any
suggestions gratefully received!

--
duubgina
duubgina's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546187

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

duubgina:

Maybe this:

=C61+C64+MAX(C63,0)

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUM(C61,MAX(0,C63),C64) .

ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

In C63 use one of
(a) =IF(C62<0,0,C62*0.4)
or (b) =(C62*0.4)*(C620)
For the summation use =C61+C63+C64
No need to clutter cells with SUM every time you code a simple formula
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme