Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kappy

Default how do I get a formual to stay constant in vlookup in Excel 2003

When I do a vlookup and drag the formula down all the rows the formula
increments for each row so I wind up only getting partial data to move from
one spreadsheet to another. This is in Excel 2003. Do not seem to have the
same problem in Excel 2000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

This is a common problem. The trick is to use dollar signs when specifying
the table:

=VLOOKUP(1.3,$A$1:$C$10,2)
rather than
=VLOOKUP(1.3,A1:C10,2)
--
Gary''s Student

"Kappy" wrote:

When I do a vlookup and drag the formula down all the rows the formula
increments for each row so I wind up only getting partial data to move from
one spreadsheet to another. This is in Excel 2003. Do not seem to have the
same problem in Excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KellTainer

Hi,

Perhaps you have to set whether the cell references in the formula to
be fixed in both row or column both whenever they are extended down
using F4 (eg. $A$3, $A3, A$3 or A3) so that when you specify a
constant, make sure both its row and column has a dollar sign so that
all the references extended will still pickup the same reference.

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322