Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LG

Default How to change #DIV/0! result for an entire worksheet ?

The worksheet I created has many forumlas where the 'divisor' can be zero.
The formulae are long and complicated with nested functions. So, I don't
want to add the If statement for a zero divisor to each cell that can result
in a DIV/0.
Is there a way that I can for an entire spread sheet at once modify the
result from DIV/0 to blank?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DarkByte

Use number formatting

like : 0.00,,,""
or General,,,""

it goes like: <positive value,<negative value,<zero value,<error value

"LG" wrote:

The worksheet I created has many forumlas where the 'divisor' can be zero.
The formulae are long and complicated with nested functions. So, I don't
want to add the If statement for a zero divisor to each cell that can result
in a DIV/0.
Is there a way that I can for an entire spread sheet at once modify the
result from DIV/0 to blank?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you can use format|conditional format to hide the error (white font on
white fill)???

=iserror(a1)
would be how I'd use that conditional format formula (for A1)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

LG

Can you use a macro?

Select all cells in question and run the macro.

Sub ErrorTrapAdd()
Dim myStr As String
Dim cel As Range
For Each cel In Selection
If cel.HasFormula = True Then
If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(ISERROR*" Then
myStr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1)
cel.Value = "=IF(ISERROR(" & myStr & "),""""," & myStr & ")"
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
How do I change uppercase to proper case in entire worksheet? Karen Excel Worksheet Functions 7 October 21st 05 12:31 PM
Search/Match between 2 x separate Worksheets and populate result in third worksheet Alan Bartley Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 11th 05 05:21 AM
Is there a formula to spell out a number in excel? Sha-nay-nay Excel Worksheet Functions 2 December 18th 04 09:25 PM
Convert Numeric into Text Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 0 December 18th 04 09:25 PM