Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
madbloke

Default Data validation using multiple ranges

I'm currently checking for duplicate entries in a sheet by using data
validation - =ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE1,1,FALSE)), so that if a
duplicate is entered, it brings up an error message.

What I want to do is extend this to include other ranges i.e.
=ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE1 RANGE2 RANGE3 etc,1,FALSE))

Is this possible? And if so, how? I've tried commas, semicolons,
colons, but nothing seems to work.

--
madbloke
madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14422

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

madbloke wrote:
I'm currently checking for duplicate entries in a sheet by using data
validation - =ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE1,1,FALSE)), so that if a
duplicate is entered, it brings up an error message.

What I want to do is extend this to include other ranges i.e.
=ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE1 RANGE2 RANGE3 etc,1,FALSE))

Is this possible? And if so, how? I've tried commas, semicolons,
colons, but nothing seems to work.

=OR(ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE1,1,FALSE)), ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE2,1,FALSE)),
ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE3,1,FALSE)))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
madbloke

"Paul Lautman" wrote:

madbloke wrote:
I'm currently checking for duplicate entries in a sheet by using
data validation - =ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE1,1,FALSE)), so that if

duplicate is entered, it brings up an error message.

What I want to do is extend this to include other ranges i.e.
=ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE1 RANGE2 RANGE3 etc,1,FALSE))

Is this possible? And if so, how? I've tried commas, semicolons,
colons, but nothing seems to work.

=OR(ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE1,1,FALSE)),
ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE2,1,FALSE)),
ISNA(VLOOKUP($C53,RANGE3,1,FALSE)))