Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
usiku

Default Automated currency symbols

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone has any ideas for me. I've created a spreadsheet
for one of our sales guys to prove how quickly our product will pay for
itself. I've included a box where the user enters the current
conversion rate of £pounds to $dollars, €uros, ¥en etc. which
automatically updates the prices for all the products.

However, I'm looking for a way to it to display the correct currency
symbol as well as the correct prices. I've experimented with creating
a drop-down list with the relevant countries and it populates the
previous cells before the figures with the correct currency symbol
(using IF) but this isn't really cutting the mustard as I need to
display alternative symbols for about fifteen different currencies.

Would anyone know the best way to go about this? I'd greatly
appreciate any hints or suggestions anyone might have to offer!

Thanks,
Angela

--
usiku
usiku's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34829

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav

Well if you used a vlookup instead of an if statement you could get to
as many countries as you wanted, All you need is a list of countries
with their currency symbol in the next column

then something of the form
Vlookup(country, Country list, 2,false)

eg
Vlookup(a1, a10:b:100,2,false)

You could also look and concatinating the cells for the results, but
this then depends if you need to do calculations on the result

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
usiku

Dav,

That's wonderful - thanks for your help on this, am playing around with
this now.

Cheers,
Angela

--
usiku
usiku's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34829
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=545819

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JimMay

The Choose(Index,Val1,Val2,Val3...,Val29) is also a great tool, but
Limited to 29 values;
It's very simple. Check it out
HTH

"usiku" wrote in