Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jonathan k

Default How do I send data to a person or BCC a group in excel?

I could use email, but that is slow, and people would have to copy and paste
into excel. Like sending postcards during Xmas, I want to be able to send a
card to whom I choose, and not let the others know who I sent the same
message to. I don't necessarily want everyone to see the data. And i want it
sent fast (IM fast, not email fast). And I want it in excel if I can get it
in excel, so I and my lesser-trained monkeypeople can forgoe the copying and
pasting which is the baine of email. Email is slow too- with all that opening
and closing of windows. Help Meee! How do I share data directly through excel
and not through slow email?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrice

If you make a reference in Excel to the Outlook object library, you can
generate e-mails in bulk. See the help files for details.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=545805

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bgeier

You could also set the workbook as shared, or setup a workspace (if you
have Excel 2003)

--
bgeier
bgeier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12822

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jonathan k

The relationship of communication channel must have both (one-to-one and
one-to-many) capabilities between users, like email does..Shared workspace
does not allow one-to-one, only one-to-many: T/F?

Plus, doesn't shared workspaces take a long time to update, and navigate,
just like email? What is the advantage of a shared workspace?

Am I wrong? Probably. But exactly why? I have no clue. Please illuminate the
dark recesses of my brain.