Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cathy C

Default Excel and Numbers

I have a client using an Excel spreadsheet to log information. One column
contains dates in various formats, i.e., 2005, 10/11/99, Fall 2004, etc.
When she enters a date in 10/11/99 format, it converts it to numbers. I had
her forward it to me and the data remains as it was entered. What do I need
to do to get her version of Excel 2003 to leave the data as entered?

Thanks,

Cathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bgeier

Sounds like her column formats set to general.
Try having her change it to text, that should keep the cells as they
are entered

--
bgeier
bgeier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12822