Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveC

Default Ranking With Sum Product Formulas over Autofiltered Cells

This formula is supposed to assign a rank criteria in Column AI for all names
that match in Column A.

It works, to an extent. The problem is the number one rank is a larger
number like 166 instead of 1, because there are 165 hidden rows in the range
with blank cells in Col AI.

These rows were hidden by an advanced filter prior to applying this formula
in the top row and copying down. I need to apply this formula after hiding
the rows because I don't want to assign ranks to data that do not fit the
previous advanced filter screen.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

=(SUMPRODUCT(--($A$13:$A$3000=$A15))+1)-(SUMPRODUCT(--($A$13:$A$3000=$A15),--(AI15<AI$13:AI$3000))+1)