Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bentley26

Default numbers sum to a specific amount

For example: I have about 10 different dollar amounts and I want to see if
there is any combination of those numbers that total to a specific dollar
amount.

For example if i had the following numbers in colum A; $1.20, $3.25, $5.90,
$6.00, $0.46, ect.. and I wanted excel to tell me if there is any combination
of numbers that add up to exactly $6.46. Is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Have a look he
http://tinyurl.com/r8xkv

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Bentley26" wrote in message
For example: I have about 10 different dollar amounts and I want to see
if
there is any combination of those numbers that total to a specific dollar
amount.

For example if i had the following numbers in colum A; $1.20, $3.25,
$5.90,
$6.00, $0.46, ect.. and I wanted excel to tell me if there is any
combination
of numbers that add up to exactly $6.46. Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

Please post all the possible numbers, and I'll let you know how many
combinations add to 6.46.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic LeVasseur

Here is a link to a VBA solution that worked for me:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...398&sloc=en-us

HTH

"Bentley26" wrote:

For example: I have about 10 different dollar amounts and I want to see if
there is any combination of those numbers that total to a specific dollar
amount.

For example if i had the following numbers in colum A; $1.20, $3.25, $5.90,
$6.00, $0.46, ect.. and I wanted excel to tell me if there is any combination
of numbers that add up to exactly $6.46. Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic LeVasseur

Thank Harlan. <g

You're welcome. Glad it helped. Thanks for the feedback.

"Bentley26" wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!