Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neon520

Default Excel Template with functions

Recently I've tried to create a template for my workplace, but I've notice
that it is not really user-friendly....
Is there anyone have a clue of creating an Excel template that could keep
all of the functions and formula in BLANK cell, meaning that the person that
use that template could exand it bigger than the number of record(row and
column) defined by just what was set before?????
Any advices or info is REALLY appreciated.....
Thanks in advance!
Neon520
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj

check out the indirect function in help
I think it will do what you want.

"Neon520" wrote:

Recently I've tried to create a template for my workplace, but I've notice
that it is not really user-friendly....
Is there anyone have a clue of creating an Excel template that could keep
all of the functions and formula in BLANK cell, meaning that the person that
use that template could exand it bigger than the number of record(row and
column) defined by just what was set before?????
Any advices or info is REALLY appreciated.....
Thanks in advance!
Neon520

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neon520

Hi bj,
I'm sorry to tell you that this is not what I want.
Let me explain you a little bit mo By creating template, I want my
functions and formula to stay in the specified cells even when the cells are
blank. Cause I notice that after I've set up all the functions and then
deleted that info that those cells, the functions have also GONE, I want them
to stay, so when next time I input any number/info, the functions will do the
job that I've already set up.
Hopefull y this will give you a clear idea of what I mean.
Thanks in advance,
Neon520

"Neon520" wrote:

Recently I've tried to create a template for my workplace, but I've notice
that it is not really user-friendly....
Is there anyone have a clue of creating an Excel template that could keep
all of the functions and formula in BLANK cell, meaning that the person that
use that template could exand it bigger than the number of record(row and
column) defined by just what was set before?????
Any advices or info is REALLY appreciated.....
Thanks in advance!
Neon520

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you can change your formulas so that they return an empty string if the
data is missing from the cells the formula relies on.

For instance, if you had a formula that depended on an entry in column A (say
A10), you could use:

=if(a10="","",a10+5-(a10^3))
or
=if(a10="","",yourexistingformulahere)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neon520

Hi Dave,
I think you misunderstand my question. My purpose is to KEEP
functions/formula in the cells that I input them eventhough the cells
reference are BLANK. (i.e. CELL A1 =if(A2="Yes",A3+A4,"N/A") In this case, I
want to keep formula in cell A1 when cell A2, A3 and A4 are all blank.
Because I am creating a template, I want the result showing in A1 right away
after anyone input info in A2, A3 and A4. I don't them to copy formula each
time they need the result.
Best Regard,
Neon520

"Neon520" wrote:

Recently I've tried to create a template for my workplace, but I've notice
that it is not really user-friendly....
Is there anyone have a clue of creating an Excel template that could keep
all of the functions and formula in BLANK cell, meaning that the person that
use that template could exand it bigger than the number of record(row and
column) defined by just what was set before?????
Any advices or info is REALLY appreciated.....
Thanks in advance!
Neon520

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

And what I suggested was to change your formula so that the results of the
formula will show "" until the cells you want filled in are filled in.

In this case, maybe something like:
=if(A2="Yes",A3+A4,"N/A")

=if(counta(a2:a4)<3,"",if(A2="Yes",A3+A4,"N/A"))

The cell looks empty until all the other cells have something in them.