Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change RADIX within Excel cell

Is there a way (or plug-in) to change the radix of the displayed value
in Excel?

For example of I have a number represented in decimal within a cell,
say '10'. I would like it to be displayed in hex 'A' or binary '1010'.

This will be useful for many computer engineers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Lookup BIN2HEX, HEX2BIN plus many more in help, they are part of the Analysis
ToolPak that comes with excel

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

" wrote:

Is there a way (or plug-in) to change the radix of the displayed value
in Excel?

For example of I have a number represented in decimal within a cell,
say '10'. I would like it to be displayed in hex 'A' or binary '1010'.

This will be useful for many computer engineers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Have you looked at the function DEC2BIN, DEC2HEX etc?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme