-   -   Can't edit in cell anymore (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/90370-cant-edit-cell-anymore.html)

[email protected]

Can't edit in cell anymore

I suddenly can not edit in a cell by double-clicking on it. I can only
edit in the fx bar on top. Other sheets in the workbook still work
normally.
What causes this, how can I fix it and how can I make sure it doesn't
happen again?

Bob Umlas

Can't edit in cell anymore

tools/options/edit tab, edit directly in cell checkbox
wrote in message
oups.com...
I suddenly can not edit in a cell by double-clicking on it. I can only
edit in the fx bar on top. Other sheets in the workbook still work
normally.
What causes this, how can I fix it and how can I make sure it doesn't
happen again?

Peo Sjoblom

Can't edit in cell anymore

Toolsoptionsedit, select "edit directly in the cell"

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

" wrote:

I suddenly can not edit in a cell by double-clicking on it. I can only
edit in the fx bar on top. Other sheets in the workbook still work
normally.
What causes this, how can I fix it and how can I make sure it doesn't
happen again?

[email protected]

Can't edit in cell anymore

Nope, it's selected. Excel is crashing now. The graphics are all
haywire, and the scrolling is shot. I can not scroll with the scroll
wheel, the cursor goes off the page instead of scrolling the sheet
(although the cell contents are displayed in the fx line), I can't use
"pick from drop down list" anymore (excel does nothing).
There is something spectacularly wrong here. What's weird is that it's
only one the one sheet, the rest are fine so far.

**Gail**

Can't edit in cell anymore

Reboot

ups.com...