Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JackBuff

Default Excel -find records which DO NOT contain a particular text string

I am trying to find all records which DO NOT contain a particular text
string. Can someone help me with some ideas.

THanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Data Filter AutoFilter Custom DoesNotContain yourparticuartext

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"JackBuff" wrote:

I am trying to find all records which DO NOT contain a particular text
string. Can someone help me with some ideas.

THanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JackBuff

Default Excel -find records which DO NOT contain a particular text str

Thanks, Chuck.

This worked like a champ. Sometimes the obvious, isn't so obvious.

JackBuff

"JackBuff" wrote:

I am trying to find all records which DO NOT contain a particular text
string. Can someone help me with some ideas.

THanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

You're welcome Jack.......thanks for the feedback.

It all depends on which direction one is looking in when asked, "How's the
view" g

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"JackBuff" wrote:

I am trying to find all records which DO NOT contain a particular text
string. Can someone help me with some ideas.

THanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Ridgeway

One way would be to have a helper column-
=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("YYY",A1)),1,0)
which will return 1 if the cell has the text YYY and 0(zero) if not

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"JackBuff" wrote in message
I am trying to find all records which DO NOT contain a particular text
string. Can someone help me with some ideas.

THanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JackBuff

Thanks, Bill. I'll give this one a try also. It's good to have
alternatives.

JackBuff