Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JennyW

Default Find/Replace - Full Navigation of Spreadsheet

Hi everyone!

I use the Excel *Find/Replace* dialogue box frequently.

However, when the dialogue box is displayed on the screen, all
functionality of the spreadsheet is temporarily frozen, and I can only
access the Find/Replace box.

Someone at my old work got the Find/Replace box to remain accessible on
the screen, while at the same time I still had full navigation of the
spreadsheet (for editing, scrolling etc.).

I have been trying to figure out how to do this for a long time.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?

Thanks for reading :)
BTW, I am using *Excel 2003*.

Jenny ;)

--
JennyW
JennyW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34679

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

What you want is the normal behavior in Excel 2003. Not sure
about earlier versions.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"JennyW"
wrote in message

[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I believe that edit|find was enhanced in xl2002.

But I _think_ that Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind utility will show his user form
non-modally (allowing the user to select cells). But this still requires xl2k
or higher.

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/