Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tryn''''2learn

Default Ranking in order

Good afternoon,

I am trying to rank and place in order my findings. Example:

A B
1 2 Y
2 1 N
3 0 N/A

I have been able to get column C to display the highest number, but my
problem now is how do I get the name that ranks highest to be displayed.

in the above example it would be "Y" because it ranks highest.

thank you for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

You can use VLOOKUP to retrieve the name. In this case, if the highest
number is in C1, you can use:
=VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B3,2,FALSE)
The drawback of this function is that if you have more than one row with the
same value in the column A, it will only return the first appearance.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"tryn''''2learn" wrote:

Good afternoon,

I am trying to rank and place in order my findings. Example:

A B
1 2 Y
2 1 N
3 0 N/A

I have been able to get column C to display the highest number, but my
problem now is how do I get the name that ranks highest to be displayed.

in the above example it would be "Y" because it ranks highest.

thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tryn''''2learn

that worked great!