Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon

Default Password Protections Not Working

I have a user that opens an Excel file in Read/Only every time she
tries to open it. Everyone else needs to put in a password to open it and
has no problems doing so. Why is this one person not getting a password
prompt and cannot open a Read/Write version of the file and everone else
does? We are using Office Excel 2003. The file is located on a Novell 5x
server. The workstation is XP SP2 with all of the Updates. All of her
access rights seems to be in order (Netware/NTFS) but I cannot find the
rights that allows the proper access to the file.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you -
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon

If anyone was going to respond to my request for help thank you but never
mind. It wound up being a Netware rights issue. It's all fixed and working
like it's supposed to.