Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MikeFullam

Default Protected VBA and 2003

I hope some one can help me with a problem I have with sharing files. We are
migrating to Excel 2003 and there is an incompatibility problem with locked
VBA files that are shared. To get round this I thought I could unlock the
file in VBA using send keys , then save and close the file in an early
version of Excel, there by making the file universally acceptable, but
although I can run as two separate macros I cant combine them into one
operation, Can any one help me? below is the code I have created.

Sub UnlockVBA()
With Application
..SendKeys "%{F11}", True
..SendKeys "%Te", True
..SendKeys "fred", True
..SendKeys "~", True
..SendKeys "~", True
..SendKeys "%{F11}", True
End With
End Sub

Sub SaveOldStyle()
Dim fn As Variant
fn = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("MyFileName.xls", _
"Excel files,*.xls", 1, "Select your folder and filename")
If TypeName(fn) = "Boolean" Then Exit Sub
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs fn, FileFormat:=xlExcel9795