-   -   how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..)print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89642-how-can-i-display-file-location-ie-c-mydocuments-print.html)

medrvgc

how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..)print

how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..) and have it print on
my worksheet for future reference?

tim m

how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..)print

File...page setup...customer footer (or header) ...then click the file path
icon. It will print the file name and path for you.

"medrvgc" wrote:

how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..) and have it print on
my worksheet for future reference?

Lissu

how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..)print

Sometimes I want to see the filename in a cell - not only in header or
footer on print.

I use this function

=CELL("filnamn";$A$1)

Sorry my version of Excel is in Swedish - please check help for exact
way of writing in your language.

This function give me this info in the cell

L:\Lissu 2006\[Prislista.xls]Blad3

Path - filename - sheet name

Hope this helps!

Lissu