Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mangesh

Default How to restrict entry or color the field

Hi,

I have one work sheet in that work sheet I have one Column As
“Activity” and the other Column as “Finish Time”. Now what I want is
if I don’t put time in “Finish Time” filed and if I select any activity
on next row from the “Activity” Field, either it should not allow me to
select the activity or the activity should be colored with any color
say “Blue”.

I worked it out with conditional formatting , I first selected the
“Activity” field and put the formula as =isblank(m21) and chose the
color as red and I am getting the entire activity field colored as red.

--
mangesh

mangesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6746
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543851

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi mangesh,

For Data Validation...

Select the second cell in the activity field, which I'm guessing is in
row 22.
Go DataValidationCustom=NOT(ISBLANK(M21))uncheck the "ignore
blanks" optionOK
Copy that cell then select all of the Activity field cells below it
then Paste SpecialPaste Validation

Ken Johnson