Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
beatrice25

Default how do I transpose a column of 80 numbers into...

...10 rows of 8 cells

Any ideas

Many thanks

Beatrice

--
beatrice25
beatrice25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34505

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Mac

Copy the range and Paste Special select the "Transpose" check box
--
Thanks for your help -
Joe Mac

"beatrice25" wrote:

...10 rows of 8 cells

Any ideas

Many thanks

Beatrice

--
beatrice25
beatrice25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34505
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543812

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
simonsmith

Thanks but that only gives me one row of 80!!!

--
simonsmith
simonsmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34235

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
beatrice25

This gives one row of 80 cells, I want 10 rows of 8 cells

--
beatrice25
beatrice25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34505
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543812

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

One option is create a first row of formulas with =A1, =A11, =A21, ..., =A71,
and copy/paste on the 10 rows.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"beatrice25" wrote:

...10 rows of 8 cells

Any ideas

Many thanks

Beatrice

--
beatrice25
beatrice25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34505
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543812

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PY & Associates

enter "a1" in B1;
enter "a9" in C1;
drag across to create a1 to a73;
drag down to complete a1 to a8, a9 to a16, etc
replace ALL "a" with "=a"

"beatrice25" wrote
in message ...

..10 rows of 8 cells

Any ideas

Many thanks

Beatrice

--
beatrice25
beatrice25's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543812

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
beatrice25

You are a star. Was not quite right but gave me the idea. I did not know
you can replace with = and effectively turn text into a formula.

thank you very much
B:)

--
beatrice25
beatrice25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34505
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543812

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

OR ... with your data in A1 to A80,
You could simply enter this formula *anywhere*,
And drag across 8 columns,
And then drag down 10 rows:

=INDEX($A$1:$A$80,8*ROWS($1:1)-7+COLUMNS($A:A)-1)

--

HTH,

RD

"beatrice25" wrote
in message ...

You are a star. Was not quite right but gave me the idea. I did not know
you can replace with = and effectively turn text into a formula.

thank you very much
B:)

--
beatrice25
beatrice25's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543812

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
beatrice25

Hi RD,

Thanks this looks like a good formula and an even better way to go

beatrice25
beatrice25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34505
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543812

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc