Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Angel

Default fields formated as 3-8-18 autoformatting to date on when exported

have fields in third party program which when exported to Excel are
autoformatted to date. Ex: 3-8-18 autmatically becomes 3/18/2018.
How do I disable this? Can only export to Excel - program creates new
workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Not knowing your exact procedure it's hard to be specific, but somehow in the
process try to format that column as TEXT, or append a leading apostrophe to
the strings to make Excel see them as text.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Angel" wrote:

have fields in third party program which when exported to Excel are
autoformatted to date. Ex: 3-8-18 autmatically becomes 3/18/2018.
How do I disable this? Can only export to Excel - program creates new
workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim M

Format the colmun you exporting into as 'text' then try going 'data'...'text
to columns'...click next, then next again. You will then see a drop down
menu in the column data format area that contains date formats, select y/m/d
and it should display as you wish.