Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mworth01

Default Error Checking

Hi,

I have a UDF of the form =quality(inputs....). If the conditions are
valid, it will return a number between 0 to 1. The way that the UDF
works is if the result is less than 0 or greater than 1, it returns
#VALUE! which is fine. If this happens, then I would like to be able
to assign that cell to be equal to 0. I tried an IF statement but am
missing the keyword to recognize the #VALUE!. My IF statement looks
like:

=IF(quality(inputs....)=*"#VALUE!"*, 0, quality(inputs....))

I can't figure out what to enter in the bold region. I've tried
"error", error, #VALUE!, "#VALUE!" along with others. Any help?

--
mworth01
mworth01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8991

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nikki

You might be able to use ISerror(),

=if(iserror(quality(inputs....)),0,quality(inputs. ...))