Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carrie

Default Help with combo boxes and macros in Excel 2003

Currently I have macro buttons set up to navigate to different worksheets
within the book. I'd like to have one combo box instead of all the buttons.
I'm using the forms toolbar to add a combo box. And I want the control to
run a different macro for each value selected. Since I have very little
programming skills, is it possible to do this without programming?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

oxymoron -- you want to run a different macro for each value but without
programming? That's like saying you want to sum up 4 values without adding.
Please be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish.

"Carrie" wrote:

Currently I have macro buttons set up to navigate to different worksheets
within the book. I'd like to have one combo box instead of all the buttons.
I'm using the forms toolbar to add a combo box. And I want the control to
run a different macro for each value selected. Since I have very little
programming skills, is it possible to do this without programming?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

This can be done but would require some amount of programming- if you
wanted to do this on your own, from scratch. This would require
creation of a list of tab names that are present when the workbook
opens, and that list would require updating as tabs are added, removed,
hidden, unhidden, etc.

However, are you aware that if you right-click the tab navigation
arrows in the lower left corner of your screen, a pop-up box appears,
and allows a single click to move to a tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

How about an alternative?

A toolbar that has that dropdown that you can choose worksheets to navigate to.

From Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html

--

Dave Peterson