-   -   Need to automatically number order forms in excel upon opening? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88926-need-automatically-number-order-forms-excel-upon-opening.html)

Mike1

Need to automatically number order forms in excel upon opening?

I have generated an order form in Excel 2003. Each time the form is opened I
would like for the cell entitled, "order number", to be filled in
automatically with the next number in the sequence so that we do not
duplicate numbers. Any ideas?

Dave O

Need to automatically number order forms in excel upon opening?

I had a very similar conversation on this NG last week- you should be
able to adapt this to suit your needs:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7d46b164f9 7d

kassie

Need to automatically number order forms in excel upon opening?

Go to http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html for your solution!