Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JERRY

Default Show full path of files being saved

At times while working on my notebook and using the network, it is helpful
when saving a file to show the complete path of the file I am saving. Is it
possible to tweak the setup in Excel to show the whole path rather than just
the filename? Now when I save, or save as, I get the file name only.

Thanks for any help and direction here.

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

Is this any help? You can use this formula
=CELL("filename")
....to show the full path and filename. This works when you have saved
the file first.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Private WithEvents App As Application

Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window)
Wn.Caption = Wb.FullName
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set App = Application
End Sub

This is workbook event code.
To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet
(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks),
select View Code from the menu, and paste the code

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"JERRY" <jerry@home wrote in message
At times while working on my notebook and using the network, it is helpful
when saving a file to show the complete path of the file I am saving. Is

it
possible to tweak the setup in Excel to show the whole path rather than

just
the filename? Now when I save, or save as, I get the file name only.

Thanks for any help and direction here.

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JERRY

Relatively shallow user here. So while your suggestion is appreciated, it is
not fully understood. Are you speaking of copying and pasting just the
following three lines in the suggested location?
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set App = Application
Jerry

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Bob's suggestion changed the application's title bar to display the whole path,
but you need both of his procedures in your ThisWorkbook module.

DaveO's suggestion was a worksheet formula. Although, I would have used:
=cell("Filename",a1)
(including a reference to a cell in the same workbook

Debra Dalgleish has another variation:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#SheetName

And if you only need it occasionally, you can look under:
file|properties|general tab