Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy

Default Error Messages

Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Ridgeway

Two points.

What error messages are you getting; and

In many cases error messages are significant and, although ignoring them now
may not seem to make any difference, it may do at some time.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Kathy" wrote in message
Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

what type of error messages?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kathy" wrote in message
Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy

I created a worsheet with filters to be used by multiple users. I made a
"reset button" which I attached a macro to that will reset the filter. So
that my non experienced users could click on instead of having to know where
to go to reset or add the show all button to their toolbar. When you click
the "reset button" once it resets the filter - but if you happen to click it
a second time - which I am sure some of my users will it creates a run time
error 1004 - show all data method of worksheet class failed. How do I stop
this error from happening because the choices are end - debug - or help,
which I am sure is goign to confuse my users. Hope that explains it well
enough. My other thought was is there a way to make my button "gray out"
after resetting like the tool bar buttons do? Thanks for your help.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what type of error messages?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kathy" wrote in message
Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

You can use "on error resume next" and the errors won't pop up. On the other
hand, you may need to put in place some error control mechanism if you want
to avoid the macro to produce strange results in case of error (this may not
be applicable on your case)

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"Kathy" wrote:

I created a worsheet with filters to be used by multiple users. I made a
"reset button" which I attached a macro to that will reset the filter. So
that my non experienced users could click on instead of having to know where
to go to reset or add the show all button to their toolbar. When you click
the "reset button" once it resets the filter - but if you happen to click it
a second time - which I am sure some of my users will it creates a run time
error 1004 - show all data method of worksheet class failed. How do I stop
this error from happening because the choices are end - debug - or help,
which I am sure is goign to confuse my users. Hope that explains it well
enough. My other thought was is there a way to make my button "gray out"
after resetting like the tool bar buttons do? Thanks for your help.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what type of error messages?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kathy" wrote in message
Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy

How do I use "on error resume next"?

"Kathy" wrote:

I created a worsheet with filters to be used by multiple users. I made a
"reset button" which I attached a macro to that will reset the filter. So
that my non experienced users could click on instead of having to know where
to go to reset or add the show all button to their toolbar. When you click
the "reset button" once it resets the filter - but if you happen to click it
a second time - which I am sure some of my users will it creates a run time
error 1004 - show all data method of worksheet class failed. How do I stop
this error from happening because the choices are end - debug - or help,
which I am sure is goign to confuse my users. Hope that explains it well
enough. My other thought was is there a way to make my button "gray out"
after resetting like the tool bar buttons do? Thanks for your help.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what type of error messages?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kathy" wrote in message
Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

Just place that sentence at the beginning of your macro, after the sub line.
For example:
Sub Test()
On Error Resume Next

Miguel.

"Kathy" wrote:

I created a worsheet with filters to be used by multiple users. I made a
"reset button" which I attached a macro to that will reset the filter. So
that my non experienced users could click on instead of having to know where
to go to reset or add the show all button to their toolbar. When you click
the "reset button" once it resets the filter - but if you happen to click it
a second time - which I am sure some of my users will it creates a run time
error 1004 - show all data method of worksheet class failed. How do I stop
this error from happening because the choices are end - debug - or help,
which I am sure is goign to confuse my users. Hope that explains it well
enough. My other thought was is there a way to make my button "gray out"
after resetting like the tool bar buttons do? Thanks for your help.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what type of error messages?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kathy" wrote in message
Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy

This is what my macro says now - please help with changes needed

Sub Reset_Filter()
Reset_Filter Macro
Macro recorded 5/16/2006 by markwitk

ActiveSheet.ShowAllData
End Sub

"Kathy" wrote:

I created a worsheet with filters to be used by multiple users. I made a
"reset button" which I attached a macro to that will reset the filter. So
that my non experienced users could click on instead of having to know where
to go to reset or add the show all button to their toolbar. When you click
the "reset button" once it resets the filter - but if you happen to click it
a second time - which I am sure some of my users will it creates a run time
error 1004 - show all data method of worksheet class failed. How do I stop
this error from happening because the choices are end - debug - or help,
which I am sure is goign to confuse my users. Hope that explains it well
enough. My other thought was is there a way to make my button "gray out"
after resetting like the tool bar buttons do? Thanks for your help.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what type of error messages?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kathy" wrote in message
Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

You can make it this way:

Sub Reset_Filter()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.ShowAllData
End Sub

Miguel.

"Kathy" wrote:

I created a worsheet with filters to be used by multiple users. I made a
"reset button" which I attached a macro to that will reset the filter. So
that my non experienced users could click on instead of having to know where
to go to reset or add the show all button to their toolbar. When you click
the "reset button" once it resets the filter - but if you happen to click it
a second time - which I am sure some of my users will it creates a run time
error 1004 - show all data method of worksheet class failed. How do I stop
this error from happening because the choices are end - debug - or help,
which I am sure is goign to confuse my users. Hope that explains it well
enough. My other thought was is there a way to make my button "gray out"
after resetting like the tool bar buttons do? Thanks for your help.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what type of error messages?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kathy" wrote in message
Is there a way to "turn off" error messages from poping up?

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy

You are AWESOME - this worked - Thank you so much!!!

Kathy

"Miguel Zapico" wrote:

You can make it this way:

Sub Reset_Filter()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.ShowAllData
End Sub

Miguel.

"Kathy" wrote:

I created a worsheet with filters to be used by multiple users. I made a
"reset button" which I attached a macro to that will reset the filter. So
that my non experienced users could click on instead of having to know where
to go to reset or add the show all button to their toolbar. When you click
the "reset button" once it resets the filter - but if you happen to click it
a second time - which I am sure some of my users will it creates a run time
error 1004 - show all data method of worksheet class failed. How do I stop
this error from happening because the choices are end - debug - or help,
which I am sure is goign to confuse my users. Hope that explains it well
enough. My other thought was is there a way to make my button "gray out"
after resetting like the tool bar buttons do? Thanks for your help.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what type of error messages?

--
Don Guillett