Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
krismtx

Default Negative numbers

This is my second post. I hope to explain myself better, so I can find a
solution.

A B

10 Declining difference
4 6 =A1-A2
8 -2 =(B2-A3)

I want to know the remaining positive number which is 4, not -2
If I begin with 10 and keep subtracting numbers, I want to end up with
a non-negative number.
Subtracting 10-4=6
Subtracting 6-8=-2, bit what I want is the number 4, the "remaining"
amount.

Thanks!

--
krismtx
krismtx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33462

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

krismtx Wrote:
This is my second post. I hope to explain myself better, so I can find a
solution.

A B

10 Declining difference
4 6 =A1-A2
8 -2 =(B2-A3)

I want to know the remaining positive number which is 4, not -2
If I begin with 10 and keep subtracting numbers, I want to end up with
a non-negative number.
Subtracting 10-4=6
Subtracting 6-8=-2, bit what I want is the number 4, the "remaining"
amount.

Thanks!

huh!!
maybe you mean this
=$A$1-A2
=$A$1-B2

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542334

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

If I understand correctly, you would put in B3:

=if(b2<a3,a2,b2-a3)

This will give you 4 as your answer (from cell A2), although I don't understand
why 6 wouldn't be the "remaining" amount, not 4.

Fred

"krismtx" wrote in
message ...