Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nested subtotal figures in wrong order

Default Nested subtotal figures in wrong order

All the inner subtotal figures are one line below the original data. The
outer subtotal figure suppose to be one line below the inner subtotal figure
as well. However, in my spreadsheet, the outer subtotal figure is one line
above the inner subtotal figure. In the past, it was normal.

I am using this feature for many years without problem in Excel 2002 (SP3).
The data was copied (Ctrl + C) from Access table to Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe...

Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and in Excel 2003

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nested subtotal figures in wrong order

I installed the Sevice Pack & reboot the computer, reopen & redo the
subtotal. But the same problem appear.

"Nested subtotal figures in wrong order" wrote:

All the inner subtotal figures are one line below the original data. The
outer subtotal figure suppose to be one line below the inner subtotal figure
as well. However, in my spreadsheet, the outer subtotal figure is one line
above the inner subtotal figure. In the past, it was normal.

I am using this feature for many years without problem in Excel 2002 (SP3).
The data was copied (Ctrl + C) from Access table to Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nested subtotal figures in wrong order

I installed the Service Pack 1 & use Excel 2003 instead as instructed. I
reboot the computer & redo the subtotal. The same problem appear. The Outer
Subtotal appear one line above the inner subtotal. And the Grand Total not
shown.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and in Excel 2003

Nested subtotal figures in wrong order wrote:

All the inner subtotal figures are one line below the original data. The
outer subtotal figure suppose to be one line below the inner subtotal figure
as well. However, in my spreadsheet, the outer subtotal figure is one line
above the inner subtotal figure. In the past, it was normal.

I am using this feature for many years without problem in Excel 2002 (SP3).
The data was copied (Ctrl + C) from Access table to Excel.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nested subtotal figures in wrong order

What is registry tweak?
All the installation were done by the I.T. people in my company. They are
thinking about install the Service Pack 2 manually by the end of today. But
it is a bit involve.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

What happened when you tried the registry tweak?

Nested subtotal figures in wrong order wrote:

I installed the Sevice Pack & reboot the computer, reopen & redo the
subtotal. But the same problem appear.

"Nested subtotal figures in wrong order" wrote:

All the inner subtotal figures are one line below the original data. The
outer subtotal figure suppose to be one line below the inner subtotal figure
as well. However, in my spreadsheet, the outer subtotal figure is one line
above the inner subtotal figure. In the past, it was normal.

I am using this feature for many years without problem in Excel 2002 (SP3).
The data was copied (Ctrl + C) from Access table to Excel.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Registry Tweak = A small change to the registry.

There were instructions in that KB article. Look for:
Follow these steps to disable this hotfix and to resolve this issue by reverting
to the subtotal functionality of Excel 97 and Excel 2000:

Remember to back up the registry before you do anything. In fact, you may want
to speak to one of the IT folks to show them that KB article so that they could
help you do this tweak.

This really isn't difficult to do, but it can be intimidating.