Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryon

Default How can this be done

A B
1 Capital $176.00 <-January value in col b
2 Capital $182.00 <-Feb Value in col b
3 Capital $208.00 <-March value in col b
4 Capital $566.00 <-April Value in col b
5 Capital $561.00 <-May Value in col b

Value
January ???
February ????
March ???
April ???
May ????
I have a table as shown above where column A has the same values as shown
(Capital). In the bottom table I need to return the values found in column B.
Vlookup is not working because the values in Column A are the same. The
actual spreadsheet looks like this, but has 32 other names also with 5 lines
per name as shown above. I for it to be able to find the values in column B
and return them into the appropriate Cell... ie a formula that will find
Capital's Jan value and return that, but then also a way to return Feb, mar,
april and may to the appropriate Cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Bryon,

I am assuming that next month there will be 6, etc., so that you need a
flexible method, and that it won't always be the latest.

Try this

=INDEX(IF($A$1:$A$1000="Capital",$B$1:$B$1000),mon th_num)

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

Just replace month_num with your target month number.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips