Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric

Default How to set the default color for fill in functon?

Does anyone know how to set the default color for fill in function?
Everytime, Excel starts up, the default color for fill in function is
yellow, which is used to fill in the background for the specific cell. I
usually fill in grey color, if I can change the default color, it will help
me a lot.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thank you in advance
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Colors live in workbooks--so this is a setting that is a workbook level setting.

Click on Tools|options|color tab
On the fourth row down and third row from the left, you'll see a bright yellow
color.
select that yellow square
hit modify
Change that color to what you want.

While you're in there, you may want to add that yellow color to a different
box--so that you can still use it easily.

If you want to make this the default color for any new workbooks...

Start a new workbook.
Change that color setting

Also, modify anything else you want as a standard--header/footers, page
orientation, number of worksheets in that workbook???

Now save it as a template in your XLStart folder as book.xlt

Then when you click on that New icon, the new workbook will inherit all those
settings.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric

Thank you for your reply.
This approach only modified the current position color on the fourth row
down and third row from the left. Do you have any suggestion on how to modify
the position on the fourth row down and eighth row from the left. [Light Gray
Color]?
Thank you very much
Eric

Eric wrote:

Does anyone know how to set the default color for fill in function?
Everytime, Excel starts up, the default color for fill in function is
yellow, which is used to fill in the background for the specific cell. I
usually fill in grey color, if I can change the default color, it will help
me a lot.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thank you in advance
Eric

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

That position modified the default fill color of the fill color icon on the
formatting toolbar for me.

I could change it to light grey to make that color the default.

Eric wrote:

Does anyone know how to set the default color for fill in function?
Everytime, Excel starts up, the default color for fill in function is
yellow, which is used to fill in the background for the specific cell. I
usually fill in grey color, if I can change the default color, it will help
me a lot.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thank you in advance
Eric

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric

Thank you for your suggestion
Excel cannot change the default fill color of hte fill color icon on the
formatting toolbar, maybe my excel gets a bug error for not able to change
it, should I reinstall office again? Do you have any suggestion?
Thank you very much
Eric

Eric wrote:

Does anyone know how to set the default color for fill in function?
Everytime, Excel starts up, the default color for fill in function is
yellow, which is used to fill in the background for the specific cell. I
usually fill in grey color, if I can change the default color, it will help
me a lot.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thank you in advance
Eric

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I've never seen it fail. And the other response at the other thread suggested
the same technique.

I'd say try it once more and see if you can get it to work.