Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Rock

Default How to export text from Excel to Word

Hi,

Someone has given me a whole text document written in Excel 2002 and I wish to
use it in Word as a doc file.

I have copy pasted it but the cells come over too.

I can't unformat it so I can manipulate the text as I need to.

Can I get the text as plain text without the cells or should I get him to write
it all out again this time in Word?

I have searched around but now need to ask the experts.

Thanks

Rock
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Peo Sjoblom

Paste special as text?

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Rock" wrote in message

Someone has given me a whole text document written in Excel 2002 and I
wish to use it in Word as a doc file.

I have copy pasted it but the cells come over too.

I can't unformat it so I can manipulate the text as I need to.

Can I get the text as plain text without the cells or should I get him to
write it all out again this time in Word?

I have searched around but now need to ask the experts.

Thanks

Rock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Rock

Peo Sjoblom wrote:
Paste special as text?

Thank you.

Select and copy from Excel - Paster Special in Word.

Tried it as RTF at first, but finally chose unformatted text.

Excellent!