Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
willymoore809

Default Tried changing a file attribute from read only but I get error msg

I am trying to chnage the file attribute from "READ ONLY" so that I will make
changes. How can I do it? I keep getting an error message
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim M

Right click on the file and under 'properties' ....general tab....attributes
uncheck the 'read only' box.

"willymoore809" wrote:

I am trying to chnage the file attribute from "READ ONLY" so that I will make
changes. How can I do it? I keep getting an error message

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
willymoore809

Default Tried changing a file attribute from read only but I get error

Good Morning Tim

Idid that befor I sent my sos for help. After unchecking the Read Only box,
I clicked "APPLY" then OK but when I try makingthechange thatI want, I getthe
"read only" message again.

"willymoore809" wrote:

I am trying to chnage the file attribute from "READ ONLY" so that I will make
changes. How can I do it? I keep getting an error message

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim M

Is this a shared excel spreadsheet? If someone else has it open on their
computer you might only be able to access it 'read only'

"willymoore809" wrote:

I am trying to chnage the file attribute from "READ ONLY" so that I will make
changes. How can I do it? I keep getting an error message

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
willymoore809

Tim
This file was copied from an Excel Training CD that came with EXCEL 2003
Bible by Walkenbach.

"willymoore809" wrote:

I am trying to chnage the file attribute from "READ ONLY" so that I will make
changes. How can I do it? I keep getting an error message

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Just a thought, you "can't" change the attribute of the file on the CD, if
you copy the file to your HardDrive, you should be able to change and save it
there.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3