Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr tom

Default MS Query - How Can I Launch It

Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.

I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
as it were.

I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.

Any bright ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Data GetExternalData CreateNewQuery

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mr tom" wrote:

Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.

I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
as it were.

I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.

Any bright ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr tom

I don't want the wizard, and I don't want to specify a database.
Unfortunately, the options below don't exist in Excel 2002 and the
alternatives won't take me into a bare MS Query with nothing launched.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom.

"mr tom" wrote:

Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.

I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
as it were.

I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.

Any bright ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

Check your office directory (in my case C:\program files\Microsoft
Office\Office11) for an application called MSQRY32.EXE, and double click on
it. This should launch an empty instance of MS Query.

Miguel.

"mr tom" wrote:

Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.

I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
as it were.

I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.

Any bright ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr tom

Many thanks.

I've stuck a shortcut on my desktop. That's exactly what I needed.

Tom.

"mr tom" wrote:

Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.

I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
as it were.

I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.

Any bright ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

If you do Data GetExternalData CreateNewQuery Select "ExcelFiles" OK
then X out of the "Select Workbook" pop-up this should leave you in the

MSQuery window.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3