Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fastballfreddy

Default Auto insert a range

I don't know if this is possible, but I will ask.

I have 10 people and each person uses 3 columns: the range consist of
D1:F32, G1:I32, J1:L32 and so on.

I have the totals at the end in the ranges AH1:AJ32

In A34=10, which is for the # of people

My question is: If I want to add 4 people and change A34=14, that it
will automatically insert 4 people more people, in the range AH1:AS32,
while moving the totals to the range AT1:AV32.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks

--
fastballfreddy
fastballfreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33986

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

My bet is that anything is possible--but I wouldn't do it.

How about an alternative?

Move the totals to D:F (A:C are reserved for other stuff????)

And I'm guessing that the totals are added for each 3rd column
(D, G, J, ... is totaled in AH
E, H, K, ... is totaled in AI
and so forth...)

I'd add a new row 1.

Put an indicator in each cell in that row that describes what the column is
counting/adding/etc. (I'll use Sum1, Sum2, Sum3 in my example)

Then in D2 (to total G2, J2 to the end):
=sumproduct(--($d$1:$IV$1="sum1"),g2:IV2)
(This adds the values in G2:IV2 that have Sum1 in row 1 of that column)

Then you can just pick up a nice group of 3 columns and insert them to the far
right whenever you want.