Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Old Abuelo

Default How do I keep my name from appearing in the comment box in excel

How do I keep my name from appearing in the comment box in excel?

When I open the comment box in Excel it automaticaly includes my name. How
can I prevent this or better yet how can I set it up to enter the date
instead of my name automaticaly?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier

This automatically appears when you manually add a comment, but you can
delete this text. You can't change what appears in the status bar when a
comment is visible ("Cell A1 Commented by User Name") after the comment is
created.

You can change what appears in both places by changing the user name under
Tools menu Options General tab.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Old Abuelo" <Old wrote in message
How do I keep my name from appearing in the comment box in excel?

When I open the comment box in Excel it automaticaly includes my name. How
can I prevent this or better yet how can I set it up to enter the date
instead of my name automaticaly?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

You can easily remove your name from displaying by:

<Tools. <Options <General tab,
And replace whatever's in the "User name" box with a <space.

However, this does leave a colon in place of the name in the comment .

If you wish to use code to effect changes, Debra Dalgleish has a number of
choices at this web page:

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html

--
HTH,