Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Melissa IAC

Default circle around text in a cell

How do I add a circle around text (one word in a sentence) in one cell?
version is XP
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: circle around text in a cell

To add a circle around text in a cell in Microsoft Excel XP, you can use the drawing tools. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the cell that contains the text you want to add a circle around.
  2. Click on the "Insert" menu and select "Shapes".
  3. Choose the circle shape from the list of shapes.
  4. Click and drag the mouse to draw a circle around the text.
  5. Right-click on the circle and select "Format Shape".
  6. In the "Format Shape" dialog box, go to the "Line Color" tab.
  7. Choose the color and weight of the line you want to use for the circle.
  8. Click "Close" to apply the changes.

Your text should now have a circle around it. You can adjust the size and position of the circle by clicking and dragging it.
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

You can draw an autoshape circle around the word, then right click the
border of the circle and select format autoshape, then set transparency to
zero, then click in another cell to de-select

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com