Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Smith

Default Running macros without lowering security

I have a spreadsheet that has a macro that starts upon opening the workbook.
This workbook is shared all thru my office computers. How can I allow the
macros to run without lowering the security on all the computers. I have
already written the macro on my computer and then moved the whole workbook
with macro to the centralized computer. Any ideas?

--
--Chip Smith--

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

What is your security level now? I'd never advocate going to 'Low', but if
you're at medium, you can get past the security warning if you 'sign' your
macro. Look for selfcert.exe on your PC and create a digital certificate,
then use it to sign your macro: open your macro file, go to the VB Editor,
then Tools Digital Signature and choose the certificate you've created.

"Chip Smith" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has a macro that starts upon opening the workbook.
This workbook is shared all thru my office computers. How can I allow the
macros to run without lowering the security on all the computers. I have
already written the macro on my computer and then moved the whole workbook
with macro to the centralized computer. Any ideas?

--
--Chip Smith--

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie

With selfcert.exe, create a digital signature, and sign your macro with this.
Set security to high, and select to trust this source, and you can use your
macro.