Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian

Default Date format (reposted)

How can I convert dates formatted as yymmdd e.g. 051213 to show as 13/12/05.
And vice versa? Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainQuattro

Assuming the date that you describe has been stored in the cell as a
date, and not just a string of digits you can do the following:

Select the cells that you want to reformat and choose

Format Cells Number Custom, and in the area marked _T_ype
enter dd/mm/yy

If the "dates" are currently stored as strings of digits, do the
following:

Select the column containing the dates and go

Data Text to Columns

Choose Fixed Width

Next Next

Choose Date, and from the drop-down menu pick DMY.

Then do the custom format that I described at top.

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc